Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Week 8 (26th-30th November 2007)

During this week the book idea was discovered. I wanted to produce a small collection of book ideas that had come about by mistake (as usual with my work) I like to use the photo-copier a lot and I’m lucky enough to have a small A4 printer/scanner/ photo-copier at home. I thought that it may be interesting to scan in a some book pages and then layer up with other imagery to create these beautiful book pages. These were sewn together as if they were a book. It was mentioned in one of my tutorials that it may be a good idea to have things growing out of the seams, and this was something that worked really well. Looking into book binding techniques and ways of sewing the pages together was crucial for development.
Tutorial Notes...
  • Start to mount finished pieces. (white card)
  • Complete 3D work on card (foxglove)
  • More line drawing if time to generate new imagery
  • Swags/Garland/ Trailing pieces.
  • Trapping/growing element. out of book seems to incoporate the 3d element into work

No comments: