Thursday, January 10, 2008

PT301 Module Design Proposal

Working title " Natures Delights"

My concept for this project was the theme of nature and patterns/forms within it. Initial points of reference were seed pods, insects, wild flowers, birds and butterflies. Recognising that this was a common theme within surface pattern design I wanted to make sure that my work was innovative and creative. I wanted to take more of an antique/aged approach with this project as this is how i prefer to work. Inspiration came in the forms of looking into victorian wallpapers, old botany and entomology illustrations and old books.

Influences/References...
Carolina Melis
Timorous Beasties
Eduardo Recife
Hannah Cottrell
Joanna Basford
William Killburn
Rachel Kelly
Cataline Estrada
William Morris

I aim to produce a design collection consisiting of hand drawn illustrations, book ideas and possible wallpaper designs.




No comments: