Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Week 3 (22nd-28th October 2007)

During this week i realised that my work was looking a little repeatative, I found that I was using the same imagery and my work was starting to bore me and my concentration leves and interest was lacking.Luckily I managed to source some old books during this time which were on botany and the Readers Digest guide to gardening which triggered a move in direction for the better. This then triggered the idea of my project been called “In the Victorian Secret Garden”… The books were definitely the best thing that came out of my research for this project and I was very lucky to have found them.

The books were quite old and full of beautiful imagery and text which really inspired me and I felt this suited what I wanted to achieve more. At this point I knew that i wanted to focus more on victorian illustrations and imagery but re-creating them in a more contemporary manner. Screen Printing/ Etching considered!

No comments: