Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Johanna Basford



Website can be found at....http://www.johanna-basford.co.uk/

Johanna's work is incredibly ornate yet subtle and she cleverly uses repeats to create impact. I love the organic feel to her work, her beautiful use of rich colours and blacks and simplicity of design. I feel that she is a designer with a style similar to mine, I often strugle with repeat imagery so looking at her work will hopefuly allow me to perfect my design collection into looking alot more professional and coherant. I like the fact that her wallpaper designs often consist of bespoke wall panels..I often find it hard to see a place for my work and struggle to see my designs as large repeats for wallpapers. Something like designing bespoke wall panels is something that interests me.



No comments: