Thursday, January 10, 2008

Week 1 (8-14th October 2007)

During the summer holidays I tried to do as much research as possible for this project. Early ideas and concepts were for this to be a very graphic led project, using Photoshop in order to make strong, bold and repeated design ideas. Examples below. (Early Work)

Although I liked the above more graphic work, I was drawn back to drawing and more illustrational ways of working.During this first week it was crucial to gain a good image bank and references for drawing. I decidied to take some photographs of insects and flowers for me to draw from (simple black and white line drawings).
Intial drawings consisted of birds and flowers on cream paper, hand drawn with fine line pen and ink. Colour exploration...Reds, Blues, Greens and Yellows. A Victorian/aged colour pallete needs researching. At this point I was looking into Etching, Screen Printing and Digital Printing to develop my ideas.

No comments: