Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Symbolism...Early Drawings and Collage

Using my thoughts, I started to experiment with the symbolism idea. I started to get lots of images which were linked to the meaning and messed around with them in Photoshop, creating brushes etc...These I then printed out so that I could collage with them and realise my ideas. I began with the Oxeye Daisy which meant Patience. I instantly thought of time, clocks etc... I created some small brushes in Photoshop which were made from an old photo of a Pocket watch, I also added some numbers to the drawing of the daisy as if to suggest it was a clock. I want to play around with my own drawings and drawing style in creating a small collection of drawing and collaged pieces inspired by the symbolism theme.

























The next composition I created was inspired by the Forget me Not which means True Love...I incoporated images of the eiffel tower in paris (the City of Love), Pink Love hearts and an image of a love heart sweet which I created in photoshop using the filter option- Sketch and Stamp.























No comments: