Monday, March 10, 2008

Inspiration- Peter Calleson






I have been aware of Peters work from earlier projects and have always appreciated the technical accuracy, intricacy and delicateness of his work. I like anything that relates to paper engineering and manipulating the simplicity of paper. I am hoping to use the laser cutter at some point in this project and peter's work is definately something that has inspired me to do so.
I admire the simplicity of his work and braveness with the way he cuts and constructs. By using pure white papers allows you to admire and appreciate the technical genius of his work. I particulary admire his Framed peices in which cut out bits seem to cascade down.

Birds trying to escape their drawing (detail), 2005. I loved the idea behind the piece, the fact that the birds seem to be trying to escape their drawings and flee the page. I think that this is something I can use within my work, I like the idea of things looking like they are trying to escape the pages. This is something I would like to play around with.








No comments: