Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Compositions and Collage Experimentation

Taking into account what had been said at my tutorial I started to construct some collaged pieces as final, portfolio pieces. Earlier in the week I had created my screen ready for screen printing, I decided to experiment with Flocking- this is something I had never used within my work but I really enjoyed it and it worked well. I flocked imagery onto book pages using black and a duksy grey/navy flock paper. This worked really well so I utilised these small sample bits to start creating more unusual and daring compositions which incoporated all my bits and bobs and sample pieces. I like to layer imagery so I was doing this, I also introduced graph paper and sqaured papers to add more interest and higlight the subtle scientific feel I was hoping for. Some examples can be seen below...

No comments: