Tuesday, April 1, 2008

PRINT!

For the past 2 days I have been in college making full use of the print room as it is quiet. Using my screen I have been printing my imagery onto book pages, cream papers, graph paper and squared paper using black ink and later on I introduced a deep green which I am not too keen on. I am very happy with the work that I have produced on the last 2 days and I feel that I am getting back into the swing of things. I also tried experimenting with introducing colour with disperse paper on the heatpress, this worked well and I shall be using this again. I introduced a colour palette inspired by my old books..dusky pale pink, grey/blue, lilac, orange and a moss green.
I tried to print over the cover of my RSPCA Guide to birdwatching book which looks great, I will be using this to reconstruct the book using the pages with printed imagery onto it.

Here are a few images of my work produced, Print and Heatpress





the printed cover...


No comments: