Friday, February 22, 2008

Final Project! Concept

The Victorian Secret Garden

Concept.

I will be drawing inspiration from the victorian era (around 1837-1901) Where the re-birth of the arts and sciences began. I will be mainly concentrating on nature illustrations and the study of plants and insects which is reffered to as Botany and Entomology. I like the idea of creating my own victorian inspired gardens with overgrowing ornate flowers. I will be using my own drawing style to re invent these traditions and create my own series of paper based designs and artists books. I like the idea of combining elements of print, fabric, heatpress, etching, collage, stitch and drawing to create some interesting, exciting compositions and gardens.
Using the book idea which came about in the last project, I will be pushing this further within the project. I like the idea of creating a small series of artists books which I hope will become beautifuly crafted artifacts within themselves. I like the idea of things growing out of them, out of the seams etc..

1 comment:

VeganCowGirl said...

Your project sounds really exciting!